Wednesday, April 22, 2009

books are weighty


I feel a certain sense of impending doom in attempting to complete our project in one week. First off, because a project about books contains so much information. Also perhaps because of the fact that the books that I brought in to contribute to the collaborative bookcase I have never actually read. I'm reconfiguring things based on a thought process of juxtaposing imagined information that they contain.

I have no idea what would happen if the characters of Dostoyevsky and Toni Morrison comingle in the same book... I recall a friend of mine changing her religion based on The Fountainhead, and I keep picturing my sister describing Middlemarch as a combination between Gone with the Wind and Jane Austin.

Here's a photo of the books and their implied ball and chain weight.

Surprising how much the 2-D photo eliminates my anxiety by keeping me from actually opening or engaging with these books.
NH

1 comment:

  1. i love the chain in the foreground

    shall we all meet on monday or earlier than 7 tuesday to figure out what to say in class?

    i vote for tuesday and projecting selected parts of the blog like we were going to do last time....though i'll also think it would be fun to include something interactive (like bringing postcards for people to draw on, a bookshelf performance, some kind of art/non-art activity) in the 'spirit' of the wandering studio.

    ReplyDelete