Thursday, March 26, 2009

Earlier today I sent out an email to many of my artist friends outside of CSULB.  I did this with the intention to collect postcards so that we may do something with them soon.  One friend replied with an interesting proposition.  Apparently, she too is in a painting seminar class that needs to be in a collaboration this semester.  Her name is Linda and she is a ceramic major at Colorado State University at Boulder.  Doesn't it sound like a great group to invite into our glob?  Or to perhaps develop a collaboration with.  Anyway, below you will see what I sent and what her reply was.  I thought I would put it out there for you all to consider as well.  

__________message from Linda at Colorado State University @Boulder (grad student in ceramic sculpture)

Hey Claudia,

Yes, this is perfect, we have to participate in a collaboration for our painting seminar!  So, I think I can get three of us grads to send y'all some work.  A few questions:

1.  so, are we making postcards?  2-d only?  or can it be 3-d?
2.  what happens after we send the work?
3.  what is the collaborative aspect?
4.  if we request work, what do we do with it?

ok, we are in!  Linda

__________
original message sent:

Hey,

I am working on a collaboration with my studio mates at CSULB.  We are looking to interact with other artists in an attempt to break out of our circle of influence.  Do you have a small piece you could contribute to this collaboration?  The only parameter is the size, it must be a postcard size piece that is made by hand, mailed to me within the next two weeks:

for those of you that are on campus, you can also choose to put one or more in my box.  And if you would like to be mailed a postcard in exchange, please include your mailing address and a stamp.

Claudia


No comments:

Post a Comment