Friday, March 27, 2009

Possible Collaboration

A friend of mine works with low income youth in long beach and put this out to me:    

First, I am putting together a collaboration between long beach artists and my class.  Each artist will be matched up with a different student and create a piece of art based on a social issue.  One artist Michael Pukac, has already come in and others from fullerton are scheduled.  In total I have five artists but need 8-10 more.  I was about to put an ad up on craigs list but csulb would be better.  We will be working with DDR Project Gallery on a show at the end of may or beginning of June.  If we dont use the space there, the owner of the gallery is going to get us into a Phantom Gallery somewhere in down town long beach.  The work will be auctioned and some of the proceeds will go to a non-profit organization.  This is a part of my student service learning project so they understand that this is for a good purpose.  We are looking for the artist to come in one day per week no more than one hour per day.  Each child will work on the art while the artist is away.  The artist should return until the project is finished.  So far i have 4 painters and one fashion designer.  I'm really excited about the project.  We are planning a full opening.  

Lorianne 
loriannseven@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. hey, who posted this? it sound like a great idea. can you tell me more? thanks,
    ckd

    ReplyDelete